Welcome to Yohns.com
I have some plans that I'm thinking about doing for the website, but as it stands right now it will be a personal blog.
I started creating this website for a friend of mine that wanted to be able to have a website for his night club that linked up to his facebook page easily. So this is what I did..
- All the news post can get posted to facebook. We cannot edit our status messages on facebook, but we can edit our news posts here on the website.
- If we upload a picture to the news post, it will be added to our picture gallery on the website in the "News Posts" folder, and will be uploaded to your facebook page.
- Events can be posted on the website and facebook at the same time.
- We can edit the events and it updates the facebook event right away. Same with deleting events. If we delete them on the website, and it was hooked up to a facebook event it will delete the event from facebook.
- We can bring pictures from facebook to add to our picture gallery here in whatever folder you want.
- Comments on the news and events are only pulled from facebook. So if the news post has comments on facebook, they will also show up here.
- We can create, edit, and delete separate pages for the site easily and add those new pages to the top navigation bar, side navigation, or in the footer of the site.
- If we dont like the default phrase or word on the site, we can edit it within our languages tab for the admin, which makes it really easy ;)
- The admin panel is user friendly as I could make it, and i believe its really easy to navigate through. Its not on a separate page, its actually all handled within the site through pop up boxes or modals as I'll call them and includes some searching techniques to.
I did use a bunch of free stuff found on the web, and placed them all together into one package. Some of the most notable plugins I've used is the Bootstrap CSS Framework
, and of course jQuery
Anyways, feel free to browse around the site and let me know what ya think! I plan on adding some more pages but I got a few more things I want to tweak up first.